[kaffe] cross compiling intrp mode on arm

gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org gnu_andrew at member.fsf.org
Mon Aug 6 01:52:53 PDT 2007

On Monday 06 August 2007 08:22, S K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to cross compile for arm on a 686 machine. If I do not
> '--disable-gtk-peer' in the config, I run into this error during the config
> stage:
>
> checking for XTestQueryExtension in -lXtst... no
> configure: error: libXtst NOT found, required for GdkRobot
>
> Googling for the error brought me to
> http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2005-June/102730.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/kaffe@kaffe.org/msg11937.html
>
> both of which says that gtk-peers has to be disabled. Since these posts
> were at least a yr or more old, I was wondering if anything has changed.
> Has anyone been able to cross compile awt support for arm?
>
> Thanks,
> SK

The usual solution for this is simply to install the appropriate headers.
They are usually in a package libxtst-dev or something similar if you're
using a GNU/Linux distribution.  However, I don't know if this are available
on the arm platform you're working on, so the better solution might be to
disable the Gtk+ peers, at least for a first go.

Hope that helps,
--
Andy :)