[kaffe] CVS kaffe (robilad): THIRDPARTY: Removed fastjar, zip, boehm gc. Updated information on
cvs-commits at kaffe.org
Tue Aug 7 04:00:41 PDT 2007
Date: 2007/08/07 10:59:16
2007-08-07 Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org>
* THIRDPARTY: Removed fastjar, zip, boehm gc. Updated information on
diff -u kaffe/ChangeLog:1.5013 kaffe/ChangeLog:1.5014
--- kaffe/ChangeLog:1.5013 Tue Aug 7 10:54:56 2007
+++ kaffe/ChangeLog Tue Aug 7 10:59:16 2007
@@ -1,5 +1,10 @@
2007-08-07 Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org>
+ * THIRDPARTY: Removed fastjar, zip, boehm gc. Updated information on
+ GNU Classpath.
+2007-08-07 Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org>
* FAQ/FAQ.automake, developers/autogen.sh: Updated to libtool 1.5.24.
diff -u kaffe/THIRDPARTY:1.50 kaffe/THIRDPARTY:1.51
--- kaffe/THIRDPARTY:1.50 Wed Jun 13 02:25:00 2007
+++ kaffe/THIRDPARTY Tue Aug 7 10:59:16 2007
@@ -6,57 +6,6 @@
For additional licensing information of components included in GNU
Classpath, please see libraries/javalib/external/classpath/LICENSE.
-This code has been merged in from gcc Subversion repository. Merged in
-is version 1.2.3 of zlib, which has some small patches from gcc developers.
-zlib is distributed under the zlib license:
-/* zlib.h -- interface of the 'zlib' general purpose compression library
- version 1.2.3, July 18th, 2005
- Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
- This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
- warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
- arising from the use of this software.
- Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
- including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
- freely, subject to the following restrictions:
- 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
- claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
- in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
- appreciated but is not required.
- 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
- misrepresented as being the original software.
- 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
- Jean-loup Gailly Mark Adler
- jloup at gzip.org madler at alumni.caltech.edu
- The data format used by the zlib library is described by RFCs (Request for
- Comments) 1950 to 1952 in the files http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1950.txt
- (zlib format), rfc1951.txt (deflate format) and rfc1952.txt (gzip format).
-More information on zlib is available from http://www.zlib.net.
-This code has been merged in from gcc 4.1.0.
-fastjar is distributed under the GNU General Public License Version 2.
-See license.terms for the text of the GNU General Public License
-More information on fastjar can be found at
This code has been merged in from tritonus.org. The tritonus project
@@ -236,10 +185,7 @@
* Class library
-Parts of kaffe's class library were merged in from GNU
-Classpath. Work continues on replacing kaffe's classes where they
-have been superseeded by GNU Classpath's implementation. Kaffe tracks
-this projects's CVS HEAD.
+Kaffe uses GNU Classpath as its class library.
Thanks to Stuart Ballard and Ito Kazumitsu, who started the merge
effort, and Mark Wielaard, who provided a lot of useful advice on GNU
@@ -542,40 +488,6 @@
to find out the full path of your aplication or library.
BinReloc is in public domain.
-* Boem-Weiser garbage collector.
-Copyright (c) 1988, 1989 Hans-J. Boehm, Alan J. Demers
-Copyright (c) 1991-1996 by Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved.
-Copyright (c) 1996-1999 by Silicon Graphics. All rights reserved.
-Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
-The file linux_threads.c is also
-Copyright (c) 1998 by Fergus Henderson. All rights reserved.
-The files Makefile.am, and configure.in are
-Copyright (c) 2001 by Red Hat Inc. All rights reserved.
-Several files supporting GNU-style builds are copyrighted by the Free
-Software Foundation, and carry a different license from that given
-THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED AS IS, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED
-OR IMPLIED. ANY USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
-Permission is hereby granted to use or copy this program
-for any purpose, provided the above notices are retained on all copies.
-Permission to modify the code and to distribute modified code is granted,
-provided the above notices are retained, and a notice that the code was
-modified is included with the above copyright notice.
-A few of the files needed to use the GNU-style build procedure come with
-slightly different licenses, though they are all similar in spirit. A few
-are GPL'ed, but with an exception that should cover all uses in the
-collector. (If you are concerned about such things, I recommend you look
-at the notice in config.guess or ltmain.sh.)
-This is version 6.7 of a conservative garbage collector for C and C++.
More information about the kaffe