[kaffe] CVS kaffe (robilad): Reworked java compiler detection and test compilation

Dalibor Topic dalibor.topic at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 9 12:58:19 PST 2007

This patch took me a while to get right. It allows using ecj, jikes and
javac to compile
Kaffe, and the regression tests.

The patch reworked the detection of the Java programming language
compiler to use
code from ac-archive.sf.net (slightly adapted). I've removed some no
longer necessary
variables. I've added checking code to see if a classpath glibj.zip is
actually installed
in the given/default location. I've simplified the compilation of
various bits of java code
by using features from Automake instead of special build scripts. I've
changed the
compilation of the regression steps to compile all tests in a single
step, which should
speed up the regression tests in particular for users using ecj / javac
on a JVM, as that
eliminates around 150 JVM invocations.

Hope it works for everyone as well as it did during my tests!