[kaffe] Kaffe on Nano - X and Swing

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Feb 3 02:04:28 PST 2007

Kelvin Xu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I tried reading through the archives but could not find related entries
> to the following simple questions.
> Is Swing supported on Kaffe running on the Nano-X backend?

Hi Kelvin,

Swing is only supported on the gtk backend.

You may be able to run Swing  applications on other backends using Sun's
old separate Swing implementation for Java 1.1. (it was called swing
1.1.1-FCS, I think), but since that implementation was not open source,
it's not possible to support it adequately.

> If not what awt does Swing works on? What packages are required

You'll need to use the gtk peers, which are coming from GNU Classpath.
They require a recent version of the gtk libraries.