[kaffe] Toolkit load problem?

Blake Meike bmeike at d2tech.com
Tue Feb 6 18:26:05 PST 2007

FWIW, the library loading problem I've described below is new to version
1.1.8 (CVS).  We have 1.1.7, the distribution, up and running perfectly,
now (albeit, compiled with GCC 3).  We cannot build the version in CVS,
however because of the issue described below.

In case it is useful, here is some additional output.

home>xkaffe WidgetsDemo
Load error: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native library `gtkpeer' not
found (as file `libgtkpeer.so' in class loader null) in
gnu.classpath.boot.library.path and java.library.path
`[/usr/lib/xkaffe/jre/lib/i386/, /usr/lib/xkaffe/lib/]'
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native library `gtkpeer' not found (as
file `libgtkpeer.so' in class loader null) in
gnu.classpath.boot.library.path and java.library.path
`[/usr/lib/xkaffe/jre/lib/i386/, /usr/lib/xkaffe/lib/]'
    at java.lang.VMClass.forName(VMClass.java)
    at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:569)
    at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:103)
    at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:134)
    at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:245)
    at WidgetsDemo.<init>(WidgetsDemo.java:84)
    at WidgetsDemo.main(WidgetsDemo.java:318)
home>ls /usr/lib/xkaffe/jre/lib/i386/libgtkpeer.so
/usr/lib/xkaffe/jre/lib/i386/libgtkpeer.so

Blake Meike