[kaffe] Help on Kaffe Garbage Collector

s1025121 at studenti.ing.unict.it s1025121 at studenti.ing.unict.it
Wed Feb 7 12:21:56 PST 2007

Hello, we are two Italian student at Catania University. We are working on
Kaffe Garbage Collector for a university work. We have to modify the garbage
collector to make it be a copying collector. We know that we can't do a totally
accurate garbage collector and that we can't move JVM internal objects, so we
are thinking to create two heap areas: one for JVM internal objects, managed by
the original mark-and-sweep collector; the other one for the other objects that
can be moved, managed by our copying collector. So we want to do
another "initCollector" function for our collector. What types of object (for
example KGC_ALLOC_JAVASTRING, KGC_ALLOC_NORMALOBJECT, etc.) can we associate
with our collector? Thanks in advance for your kind answer. Best regards,

Erminio Puliafito
Giacomo Fazio