[kaffe] Illegal Instruction with Jit on arm target

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Mon Jun 4 00:53:43 PDT 2007

Hi Frederic

>It's a real gcc-3.4.4 that i'm using.

In my case, gcc is 3.4.6
$ gcc-3.4 -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnu/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,f77,pascal --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/3.4 --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --program-suffix=-3.4 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug arm-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6 (Debian 3.4.6-5)

But, it may not make big difference...

>> Frederi (stagedrt at gmail.com) wrote:
>> >I finally used kaffe that i've downloaded from ricoh.co.jp and while
>> >excuting it with a simple helloworld, i've got the following error:
>> >Illegal Instruction
>> What is the version of gcc? According to the include file path, it
>> looks like v3.4.4, but no sure. If it is gcc-4.? then it is a known
>> problem. If it is really a gcc-3.? then I again have to check what
>> is the difference between your build and mine.

Since you said, your error is 'Illegal Instruction', one possiblity
is your environment does not have FPU emulation. Does it support this?

If FPU emulation (or real FPU, of course) is OK, where this exception
happens?

Kiyo