[kaffe] Help building Kaffe VM

Vela Spasova vela.spasova at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 07:18:43 PST 2007

Hi everybody,

I am trying to run an application on Linux Kernel 2.6.19, gcc version
3.4.6 and  glibc
2.3.6 with Kaffe 1.1.7.
I am building the kaffe with following parameters:

CURDIR=/home/spasova/project/java-vm/kaffe-1.1.7/bin
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig/

mkdir -p $CURDIR/jnilib

make clean all
./configure --prefix=$CURDIR  --disable-dependency-tracking
--enable-shared  --enable-fast-install  --enable-portable-native-sync
--disable-alsa  --disable-dssi  --disable-gtk-peer
--disable-boehm-gc-configuration  --disable-mips2  --disable-native-awt
--disable-xawt-xi18n  --disable-alsatest --disable-esdtest  --disable-sound
--enable-binreloc  --enable-binreloc-threads --without-libiconv-prefix
--without-libintl-prefix  --with-engine=intrp
--with-threads=unix-pthreads--without-alsa --without-esd --with-system-zlib
--with-extensions=all,comm,microsoft

My application is running O.K with this kaffe build till I should use the
method AttacheCurrentThread(). Then I recieve the following error:

Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/StackOverflowError
This error may occur because the stack size is not sufficient.
Try to increase the stack size using 'ulimit -s' or with the '-ss'
option on kaffe.
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/NullPointerException
./run.sh: line 23: 22148 Aborted

After additional debugging I have found that there is a problem in
setspecific() methode

I am shure that i make an error by building the kaffe VM. Could somebody
help me ant tell me the right parameters. I need and use in my application
jni and pthreads

Thanks

With best regards

Vela Spasova