kaffe 1.1.8 (Was: Re: [kaffe] Future directions for Kaffe)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Mar 30 11:03:22 PDT 2007

Tim Bevan wrote:

> Jim Pick wrote:
>
> Dalibor has been doing a great job.
>
>> * Speaking of releases, we really should do another release sometime.
>>

> Yes please. I would like a stable version containing the fixes I needed.

Thanks!

Here is what needs to be done for 1.1.8:

* Either fix the serialization bugs leading to the two failing
regression tests, or mark them as XFAILs, and file bugs for it in GNU
Classpath's tracker, adding the failing tests to Mauve
* Merge in the dropped arm jit patch
* Merge in the dropped cygwin patch
* Merge in the interix port
* Remove the merged in fastjar and zlib and just use the jar tool on the
system

Potentially:

* Remove the merged in GNU Classpath and just use an existing installation

Volunteers, step ahead!