[kaffe] JIT and JIT3 support with ARM9

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Sun May 13 00:38:52 PDT 2007

Frederic,

>I've seen in the past days that JIT was now working for ARM with Kaffe.
>But i'm wondering what is exactly going on with JIT and JIT3. Are they fully
>working?

Nothing works perfectly. If you only needs kaffe's regression test
level quality, JIT is very close. (Floating point still has problem,
and I did not get any news someone is now tackle about this)
And I have no idea whether this works with X windows or not.

>Indeed, i would like to use it (perhaps JIT3) and JNI, so i thought about
>Kaffe but looking through the FTP/Web access, the latest Kaffe release come
>from 2006...

As far as jit/jit3 is concerned, FTP version (1.1.7) or cvs head does
not make big differences. For jit3, there is a code, but with simple
configure may not allow you to use jit3 right now. (It should be a
safety net for non-developer, I think)

These are my experiences based on QEMU for ARM926EJ-S simulation.

Kiyo