[kaffe] Unplanned downtime today

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Fri Oct 5 21:40:04 PDT 2007

Hi,

Sorry for the downtime on kaffe.org today (along with some other things,
like my email server).

The colo company I'm using in Seattle apparently abandoned the block of
IPs that my server was using.  I was supposed to migrate off of the old
ones, but I never got the email.  So today, the IPs stopped routing, and
my server went offline.

I got them to reset the IP address on the Xen server over the phone, and
I spent the last few hours updating my DNS records, restarting Xen
sessions, etc.

If there's a silver lining to this, it may be that we'll have less
problems with spam blacklists on this new block, since apparently they
don't go through a third party company.

If you see any problems, send me an email.  If my jim at kaffe.org or
jim at jimpick.com emails aren't working, you can also try jim.pick at gmail.com.

Cheers,