[kaffe] Exception running javasqlite on kaffe for arm architecture

Charlie Hamilton chamilton at d2tech.com
Tue Apr 1 11:41:29 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to run sqlite using the java wrapper at
http://www.ch-werner.de/javasqlite/ on an arm linux target using kaffe
1.1.7 and jamvm.

It appears that I'm having a problem with the JNI layer. I am able to
run $sqlite3 from the command line, creating/editing database files with
no problems. When I run it as a java app:

kaffe -jar sqlite.jar data.db

I get an exception:
kaffe-bin: exception.c:106: vmExcept_setJNIFrame: Assertion `fp !=
(JNIFrameAddress)0' failed.

Oddly, it fails the first time when it tries to open the database, but
the database file is created. the next time it fails when I try to do a
select on a table on the database, with the same exception.

I followed the instructions to cross compile sqlite and the java
wrappers for our arm target, and don't see anything obvious that might
be causing this. Just wondering if anyone has come across this issue before.

Lastly, the versions I built for the x86 target run fine on the x86
kaffe and jamvm.

gcc version is 3.3.1
kernel is Linux version 2.4.20__mvlcee31-omap730_gsm_gprs
(mic at mic-desktop) (gcc version 3.3.1 (MontaVista 3.3.1-7.0.2.0401382
2004-10-08)) #1 Thu Nov 29 16:32:50 HKT 2007
kernel headers are

Thanks,
Charlie Hamilton
D2 Technologies