[kaffe] Kaffe (ARM Cross-Compile using GNU EABI)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Feb 6 06:22:01 PST 2008

Leandro Galvez wrote:
> Hi Kiyo Inaba, hi Dalibor Topic,
>
>    So I could just download from CVS and this one should readily
> compile and build using gcc412-i686-arm-linux-gnueabi-toolchain? Ok,
> I'll try this suggestion.

Sure. Make sure you pick the interpreter engine in configure, and try
using libffi. That way, I get 5 failing tests on armel-debian in qemu
with the current CVS head.
> Another thing, is there any other ready built toolchain that I may use
> to compile kaffe for ARM-Linux?
In general, no. ARM CPUs, gcc & linux versions all support different
features in different versions, so you should stick with the
toolchain from your vendor unless you really know what you are doing.