[kaffe] Linker Errors on OS X 10.4.11 - Kaffe 1.1.8

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Feb 13 03:25:01 PST 2008

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Michael Franz schrieb:
>> Good luck!  I had tried with darwin 8 and an earlier version, no
>> success.  Strange things happen.  Is it possible to create an image
>> off of a real installation?  I have darwin 8 installed on a drive, can
>> that be turned into an image to be used by vmware or qemu?
> I've installed it from scratch using the OSx86 Darwin in VMWare guide,
> and it works.
>
> I'll try to get networking going with the Darwin VMWare guide from Fink.

After fetching the Maxxuss-AMDPCNET-v1.0.zip driver and extracting the
iso inside to a tarball, and installing that, I've even got a working
network device without having to use pppd and a simulated serial port.

I couldn't install fink since it checked for 10.4 rather than darwin 8,
I left macports aside since it asks for GNUStep, so I went with NetBSD's
pkgsrc on a new virtal drive fdisked with -i -a ufs /dev/rdisk1. After
creating the filesystem with newfs, I was able to mount it as /usr/pkg
and run the pkgsrc bootstrap.

Next step will be to fetch and build kaffe's dependencies.