[kaffe] ARM Cross-Compile using GNU EABI

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Feb 14 13:22:31 PST 2008

Leandro Galvez wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    I've finally managed to cross compile my kaffe using the
> configuration commands at the end of the mail for libraries, classpath
> and kaffe. But executing any java application from the device produces
> the output attached in the log file. Please help me figure out what is
> wrong and what I can do to fix this problem.

I'd suggest starting with a kaffe built with the interpreter engine,
i.e. by passing --with-engine=intrp to configure and rebuilding. If the
interpreter engine still fails to work, you'll need to read
FAQ/FAQ.debugging. The interpreter engine is pretty slow, though, so
once you have the interpreter working, I would recommend to focus on
getting the jit engine (--with-engine=jit) working well on your target

So in short, I'd run the regression tests, and if some of them fail,
resort to debugging kaffe and fixing them.