[kaffe] kaffe 1.1.9 "Spring Cleanup" relased
robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Feb 21 23:40:58 PST 2008
I've tagged 1.1.9, and uploaded the source code archives to
http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad. Jim, when you have time, please send out
an official release announcement to announce@, I've got to get on the
road to FOSDEM right away, to make it for the BrandWeg hacking session.
This release largely cleans up a lot of lose ends, and breaks with
merging in code into Kaffe, in particular it has switched to using an
existing installation of GNU Classpath on the system.
But there is still more stuff to clean up, to make Kaffe a lean, mean
and tidy little VM, so if you are interested in making it a couple of
lines of code smaller, please join us.
This Kaffe release should work better on arm linux and darwin in
particular, then previous releases. I hope it works well for you too.
Onward to 1.1.10,
What's New In Kaffe 1.1.9
* Depend on glib for atomic operations
* Support for JSR 166.
* Depend on zziplib instead of zlib for JAR reading.
* Many build system improvements.
* Simplified threading subsystem interface.
* Removed support for native big math.
* Removed libltdl. Kaffe uses an existing installation
* Removed gnu-inet, dnsjava, Tritonus and binreloc.
* Removed GNU Classpath tools. Kaffe uses an installed javap
as javap when it's available.
* Removed gjdoc and ANTLR. Kaffe uses an installed gjdoc as
javadoc when it's available.
* Removed GNU Classpath. Kaffe uses an existing GNU Classpath
installation exclusively now. It needs GNU Classpath 0.95 or
More information about the kaffe