[kaffe] Testing sysdepCallMethod

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Feb 26 08:14:07 PST 2008

Sivaramakrishnan KC wrote:
> How do i test sysdepCallMethod(). I found this file
>
> http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2003-May/129976.html
>
> I am testing sysdepCallMethod under i386-linux. It passes the first
> test --> CALL(f_v_v, v, 0);. But all other test generates segmentation
> fault.

I'd prefer to switch Kaffe over to depend on libffi [0]. We already have
support for libffi
in the code that's enabled with the --with-libffi option of the
configure script.

The main reason I'd like to switch to libffi for the next release is
that it can be collaboratively
maintained with other projects using it, so I'd suggest adapting it for
your port (and sending
patches to libffi developers :). It comes with an extensive test suite,
too (and requires dejagnu
for running the test suite).

[0] http://sources.redhat.com/libffi/