[kaffe] cross-compile error

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Sat Jan 19 06:01:59 PST 2008

Hi Robert,

>I just tried to cross-compile kaffe for ARM (I read the FAQ :) ). The

It's good to hear from someone that FAQ.cross-compiling is useful ;-)

>target (and toolchain) is GNU EABI which is not officially supported in
>kaffe. So perhaps my compile error is just because of that - I get this:
>
>md.c: In function 'flush_dcache':
>md.c:39: error: expected ':' or ')' before '__sys1'
>md.c:35: warning: unused parameter 'start'
>md.c:35: warning: unused parameter 'end'
>make[2]: *** [libkaffe_la-md.lo] Error 1

It should not be related to EABI.
This is common for recent version of linux distribution for arm.
You simply add "#define KERNEL" just before the include for "unistd".
Without having "KERNEL" defined, "__sys1" is not defined, and you
get this error.

Kiyo