[kaffe] cross-compile error

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Sun Jan 20 15:20:20 PST 2008

Hi Kiyo.

Kiyo Inaba schrieb:
> Hi Robert,
> It should not be related to EABI.
> This is common for recent version of linux distribution for arm.
> You simply add "#define KERNEL" just before the include for "unistd".
> Without having "KERNEL" defined, "__sys1" is not defined, and you
> get this error.
I tried that. Wrote a patch that defines KERNEL (in a 2nd attempt
__KERNEL__) before the inclusion of unistd.h. However it still could not
find __sys1. By looking at the particular header file I could not find
any declaration of this function.

The kernel headers are from Linux 2.6.20 btw.

Dalibor then pointed me to a solution that was used for software called
factor.

syscall(__ARM_NR_cacheflush, start, end, 0);

With that in place I got

kaffe-bin: exception.c:100: vmExcept_setJNIFrame: Assertion `fp !=
(JNIFrameAddress)0' failed.

at runtime. So it is probably not correct either. :(

I now found a cacheflush implementation in libffi. I adjust this for
kaffe and report back.

Regards
Robert