[kaffe] cross-compile error

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Jan 27 16:44:31 PST 2008

Robert Schuster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Robert Schuster schrieb:
>> I now found a cacheflush implementation in libffi. I adjust this for
>> kaffe and report back.
> I took what was said here[0] as a base for an OABI- & EABI-compliant
> implementation of the cache flushing.
>
> It compiles nicely (I can only test the EABI-variant here).
> Unfortunately it does not work at runtime. That means I get the same
> assertion failure as before:
>
> kaffe-bin: exception.c:100: vmExcept_setJNIFrame: Assertion `fp !=
> (JNIFrameAddress)0'
>
> Now I dont know whether those two things are related. The only thing I
> know for sure is that I use the same cacheflush implementation for cacao
> and there it does its job (and fixes a real bug).
>
> Help! :)

Thanks a lot for the patch, I can reproduce the build failure now, and
I've fixed the build for the interpreter engine on arm linux (3
regression tests fail, which I think has more to do with
fdlibm/classpath, than Kaffe, as there is a patch or two for arm issues
in the classpath bug tracker).

I'll look into fixing the build on arm-linux with the jit engines next
using your patch. I've got aurelien's ARM Debian OABI image running,
and I hope I can get one with EABI running, too.