[kaffe] Removing GNU Classpath

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Oct 7 08:04:40 PDT 2008

alexe100 at iol.pt wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to port kaffe to a very very resource constraint hardware
> and i am thinking to remove the dependence of the GNU Classpath and
> load base classes one by one (from sum or other ones). I think I just
> need Object because I will remove the dependence of String from the
> main entry etc...
>
> Please, Any help on removing GNU Classpath lib?

Hi Alexe,

you can certainly do that, but you'll need to implement some kind of VM
interface for the class library you want to use in the VM.
Take a look at the native code for the VM* interfaces from GNU Classpath
to get a rough idea how that works, and then spend
some time to understand and implement the corresponding functionality
for your desired class library.