Shared libraries

Brian Burton brian.burton at burton-computer.com
Tue Aug 5 10:11:03 PDT 1997

Jon,

I haven't tried using cryptix with kaffe, so I don't have concrete help
to offer.  But my understanding is that kaffe uses a different native
class interface than the JDK.  Apparently the calling conventions and
data layouts are different and incompatible.

So my WAG is that you need to rebuild and possibly modify the cryptix
native libs to use the kaffe conventions.  Do you know if anyone else
has ever used cryptix with kaffe?  I may give it a try myself in the
next few weeks and will let you know if I get it working.

If I am misinformed about kaffe, I apologize and look forward to hearing
the real story :-)

All the best,
++Brian

--
Brian Burton                          Custom Software Development
Burton Computer Corporation           Java, C++, Orbix, Tuxedo