0.8.1 doen't work on BSDI 2.1

Tim Wilkinson tim at tjwassoc.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 14:08:46 PST 1997

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Francesco Bosia wrote:

> At 16.01 18/02/97 +0900, Takuo Watanabe wrote:
> >I'm having a problem with Kaffe 0.8.1 under BSDI 2.1.  I had no
> >problem (seemingly) on installation.  But when I invoke kaffe, the
> >machine freezes and needs restart. The problem occures under the
> >following condition:
> >
> >	Kaffe		0.8.1 with minimal package (javasoft)
> >	OS		BSDI 2.1 (pachlevel 24)
> >Kaffe 0.7.1 works fine under the above platforms.
> >Does anyone succeed to run 0.8.1 on BSDI?
> >Anyway, I continue try to find out what had happened.
>
> Me too on the same machine, BSDI 2.1
> I will try 0.7.1
> Since the machine hangs, i cannot tell what happened...

Erm, yes this happens to me to ... and unforuantely this BSDI machine is
one of Bsdi's demo machines (so if anyone's listening, you might want to
reboot it).  Can you try building Kaffe in static library mode and, if so,
does this crash it too?  Not too easy to debug this one without a
console to look at and hit.

Tim
--
  Tim Wilkinson                         Tel/Fax: +44 181 440 0658
  T. J. Wilkinson & Associates,         Mobile:  +44 370 621006
  London, UK.                           Email:   tim at tjwassoc.demon.co.uk