kaffe 0.8.0 and linux problems

Bernard Leach leachbj at aba.net.au
Thu Feb 20 13:46:17 PST 1997

Bernard Leach wrote:

> Tim Wilkinson wrote:
> >
> > Bernard,
> >
> > On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Bernard Leach wrote:
> >
> > > I've also found that a call like:
> > >       new FileInputStream(fileName)
> > > can return null when kaffe-0.7.1 would not.
> >
> > Can you demonstrate this?  I don't see how a constructor can return null.
>
> I can give it a go.  I had a section of code that was doing
> something like:
>
> try {
> reply.setInputStream(new FileInputStream(fileName))
> } catch (Exception e) {
> e.printStackTrace();
> }
>
> And then later if reply.inputStream == null fail() and it
> would fail sometimes.
>
> The same piece of code works fine under Linux port of JDK,
> SGI port of JDK, and kaffe 0.7.1 on NetBSD but fails on kaffe 0.8
> on NetBSD.

This bug report is bogus!  The code I was looking at was not
as simple as I was trying to assert and so the bug was elsewhere.

Sorry to anyone who wasted time looking at the problem.

--
Bernard Leach                    Australian Business Access Pty Ltd.
leachbj at aba.net.au               http://www.aba.net.au/