Kaffe on NEXTSTEP

Gregor Hoffleit flight at mathi.uni-heidelberg.DE
Tue Jul 1 05:40:29 PDT 1997

You wrote:
> I'm interested by the NeXT port of kaffe.
> Unfortunaltly, I have many problems to compile it problably due to a
> corrupted installation of gcc.
>
> I would like to download a compile version of kaffe for NeXTStep 3.2
> (68k). Could you help me ?

kaffe 0.9.1 doesn't work for NEXTSTEP out of the box. In fact, there are even more problems than with 0.9.0 (one of them is the newly introduced trampoline code which I don't yet understand nor does NEXTSTEP's assembler ;-).

I have installed a web page about kaffe for NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP. The aim of the page is to collect patches necessary to make kaffe work for NEXTSTEP/OPENSTEP and - if possible - always provide binaries of a stable, recent and tested version.

The page is available as

	http://www.mathi.uni-heidelberg.de/STEPkaffe/

Currently it only has information about 0.8.4 and 0.9.0. I'll try to update it to 0.9.1 as soon as the dust settles down a little bit.

	Gregor

---
| Gregor Hoffleit                        Mathematisches Institut, Uni HD |
| flight at mathi.uni-heidelberg.de      INF 288, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany |
| (NeXTmail, MIME)                      (49)6221 54-5771    fax  54-8312 |
| PGP Key fingerprint = 23 8F B3 38 A3 39 A6 01  5B 99 91 D6 F2 AC CD C7 |