Kaffe on SCO

Brian Burton brian.burton at burton-computer.com
Wed May 7 13:45:06 PDT 1997

Per Bothner wrote:

> > BTW, cygnus folks, your gcc crashes with `internal compiler error'
> > trying to cope with kaffe/kaffevm/soft.c's return(1e300*1e300)
>
> If it is "our" compiler (and you are a customer) send us a Problem Report.
> Otherwise, it is not our compiler - it is the FSF's compiler.
> I don't think we support SCO (though I'm not sure).
>
> You might say that any gdb based on a current release is "our" gdb,
> since Cygnus maintains and releases net releases of gdb on behalf of the FSF.
> However, while we make more Gcc changes than anyone else (by a large
> margin), we are not the official Gcc maintainer - unfortunately, perhaps.
> We have offered to do so.
>
>         --Per Bothner
> Cygnus Solutions     bothner at cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner

Unfortunately, very few developers have the option of being a Cygnus
customer.  I was recently shocked to learn that the minimum package is
for 5 developers - $7500.  For small shops like mine that's totally
absurd (I'm the only fulltime developer).  Maybe you could suggest to
management that singles for 1500-2000 would broaden the market
considerably?

All the best,
++Brian

--
Brian Burton                          Custom Software Development
Burton Computer Corporation           Java, C++, Orbix, Tuxedo