QUIT handler

Gary Howland gary at systemics.com
Wed May 14 10:51:58 PDT 1997

> > I have been having problems calling Java functions from native code.
>
> Also, "()V;" is not a valid signature.  There should be no ';'.

Excellent - it works now.  Thanks.

I have now successfully added a small amount of code to kaffe, allowing it
call a java method on receiving a quit signal.  I am doing this in order to
emulate Suns JVM, which prints a stack trace on quit.

I would very much like to see this feature added to kaffe.  Is what I am
doing suitable for incorporation, if I polish it up?

I was considering making the handler check a system property in order to
determine what Java method to call.  Is this a wise move?  Perhaps we could
have the default behaviour as is, if no property is set?

Comments welcome,

Gary
--
pub  1024/C001D00D 1996/01/22  Gary Howland <gary at systemics.com>
Key fingerprint =  0C FB 60 61 4D 3B 24 7D  1C 89 1D BE 1F EE 09 06