Alternative classes.zip (was Re: JNI support?)

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at pecan.snugharbor.com
Thu May 15 16:33:25 PDT 1997

In message:  <Pine.GSO.3.96L01AT.970515231933.19423A-100000 at sunrise>
             Artur Biesiadowski <abies at pg.gda.pl> writes:
>On Thu, 15 May 1997, Per Bothner wrote:
>
>> I have not looked at kore, so I cannot comment on it specifically.
>> (There are at least two projects to replace classes.zip, and I
>> don't know whihc is better or farther along.  Tim knows more.)
>> In any case, we *will* need a replacement for Sun's classes.zip.
>
>What kind of replacement it is going to be ?

My understanding is that a clean-room implementation of the library
is needed to avoid copyright/licensing entanglements.

FWIW, I might be able to donate some time to the project... who should
I talk to for 'clean' checking, status, etc?

- Alex