kaffe java on SunOs 4.x SPARC

Netwiz netwiz at actcom.co.il
Sun May 18 01:26:01 PDT 1997

- I have a problem with installing kaffe-0.8.4 on our SPARC machine.

We have a  SunOs 4.x SPARC machine ; we consider writing in java so

- Did anybody installed kaffe-0.8.4 on SunOs 4.x machine(SPARC)

succesfully ?

- we dowloaded kaffe-0.8.4 java and unzipped it on our machine.

We followed the README file ; after entering "./configure" from the

installation directory we got no errors and everthing was o.k.

Afterwards, we entered "make" from the installation directory but this

time there were many errors. After consulting experts in kaffe, we

were told that probably the problem was that we don't use the GNU make.

do we dowloaded the GNU make and installed it. Afterwards we again

entered  "make"  at the installation directory and this time we got less

errors,  but still we have errors and we CANNOT	 run the example

program in the TEST direcory.

The errors we have are : (after enetering "/usr/local/bin/make"  )

1) make[4] [ClassLoaderStub.o] Error 2

2) make[3] *** [all] Error 1

3) make[2] *** [all] Error 1

4) make[1] *** [all] Error 1

- We are not so familiar with SPARC and UNIX . (originally we are

PC programmers ) and maybe there is a problem with installing our

GNU make or something alike.

- DID ANYBODY SUCCEDDED IN INSTALLING (AND RUNNING) kaffe java 0.8.4

ON SunOs 4.x ? DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS ERRORS ?

IT WOULD HELP US A LOT.

                                     R A M I   R O S E N .