kaffe java on SunOs 4.x SPARC
netwiz at actcom.co.il
Sun May 18 01:26:01 PDT 1997
- I have a problem with installing kaffe-0.8.4 on our SPARC machine.
We have a SunOs 4.x SPARC machine ; we consider writing in java so
- Did anybody installed kaffe-0.8.4 on SunOs 4.x machine(SPARC)
- we dowloaded kaffe-0.8.4 java and unzipped it on our machine.
We followed the README file ; after entering "./configure" from the
installation directory we got no errors and everthing was o.k.
Afterwards, we entered "make" from the installation directory but this
time there were many errors. After consulting experts in kaffe, we
were told that probably the problem was that we don't use the GNU make.
do we dowloaded the GNU make and installed it. Afterwards we again
entered "make" at the installation directory and this time we got less
errors, but still we have errors and we CANNOT run the example
program in the TEST direcory.
The errors we have are : (after enetering "/usr/local/bin/make" )
1) make [ClassLoaderStub.o] Error 2
2) make *** [all] Error 1
3) make *** [all] Error 1
4) make *** [all] Error 1
- We are not so familiar with SPARC and UNIX . (originally we are
PC programmers ) and maybe there is a problem with installing our
GNU make or something alike.
- DID ANYBODY SUCCEDDED IN INSTALLING (AND RUNNING) kaffe java 0.8.4
ON SunOs 4.x ? DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS ERRORS ?
IT WOULD HELP US A LOT.
R A M I R O S E N .
More information about the kaffe