Threads don't work in 0.9.0

Terje Bergstrom terje at iki.fi
Sun May 18 10:22:38 PDT 1997

--------
Hi!

I got the new kaffe distribution and noticed that Thread-package doesn't
work at all on my installation. For example, running DeadThread from the
kaffe distribution results in the following:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java/lang/Thread.init(line unknown, pc 0x80a3cda)
        at java/lang/Thread.<init>(line unknown, pc 0x80a4d6f)
        at btest.<init>(line unknown, pc 0x80d296d)
        at DeadThread.main(18)

It always comes when a new btest (ie another thread) is being allocated
(in line 18 of DeadThread.java). Same thing happens on all other sources
where a new thread is being started by my class or a class from JDK (e.g.
allocating a new Window).

My system is a Linux-i386 (RedHat 4.1) with libc 5.4.28. Please ask if you
need any other information.

What's up and am I able to fix it?

--
http://www.iki.fi/terje/