kore 0.0.2

Glynn Clements glynn at sensei.co.uk
Tue May 20 08:48:19 PDT 1997

tullmann at facility.cs.utah.edu wrote:

> I've been playing around with Kore & Kaffe, seeing what it might take
> to get Kaffe to use Kore.  It doesn't look tooo difficult yet (there
> may be a chicken-and-egg problem getting the right stub and interface
> header files for the IO classes, but I'm not sure yet what kaffeh is
> doing.)  Is anyone else that you know of looking into this?

Not to my knowledge.

> One other thing, are the native methods in java.lang.Object and
> java.lang.ClassLoader remnants?  Shouldn't they be using the
> kaffe.system.NativeLang interface?

I wasn't sure about that. Object and Class seemed sufficiently
`special' that I wasn't sure if there would be problems doing it that
way.

As someone else has pointed out to me, we'll need to restrict access
to kaffe.system.* to classes in java.* so that applets can't use
them. The alternative is to make them non-public members of the
appropriate packages, which has the disadvantage that we have to
duplicate code for java.net.* and java.io.*.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn at sensei.co.uk>