kore 0.0.2

Artur Biesiadowski abies at pg.gda.pl
Tue May 20 12:50:11 PDT 1997

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Glynn Clements wrote:

> As someone else has pointed out to me, we'll need to restrict access
> to kaffe.system.* to classes in java.* so that applets can't use
> them. The alternative is to make them non-public members of the
> appropriate packages, which has the disadvantage that we have to
> duplicate code for java.net.* and java.io.*.

It isn't enough - applet can download its own class claiming to be in
java.io package. There is no limitation that java.* packages are only in
classes.zip

I would advise you to choose sun-like way - private methods.
It it simpliest.

By the way, as I have already said, I want to help you with kore - after
exams. I think about writing parser for API specification files - it would
create source files with all methods and public variables named exactly as
in specs, and extract comments and put them in code. Of course methods
bodies would be empty, but it will be easier to fill it with granted
skeleton. What do you think ? (There are a lot of new classes in 1.1)

Artur