kore 0.0.2

Glynn Clements glynn at sensei.co.uk
Wed May 21 18:36:56 PDT 1997

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 1997, Glynn Clements wrote:
>
> > As someone else has pointed out to me, we'll need to restrict access
> > to kaffe.system.* to classes in java.* so that applets can't use
> > them. The alternative is to make them non-public members of the
> > appropriate packages, which has the disadvantage that we have to
> > duplicate code for java.net.* and java.io.*.
>
> It isn't enough - applet can download its own class claiming to be in
> java.io package. There is no limitation that java.* packages are only in
> classes.zip

Downloaded classes have a ClassLoader, system classes don't. It is
possible to distinguish between system classes and classes having a
ClassLoader.

> I would advise you to choose sun-like way - private methods.
> It it simpliest.

> By the way, as I have already said, I want to help you with kore - after
> exams. I think about writing parser for API specification files - it would
> create source files with all methods and public variables named exactly as
> in specs, and extract comments and put them in code. Of course methods
> bodies would be empty, but it will be easier to fill it with granted
> skeleton. What do you think ? (There are a lot of new classes in 1.1)

All of the 1.0.2 classes are defined. A few still have empty
bodies. I haven't looked at 1.1 yet, so obviously none of that's
done yet.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn at sensei.co.uk>