kaffe 0.9.0 on sunos4.1.3 won't run

Thanos Siaperas siaper at ced.tuc.gr
Thu May 29 14:32:22 PDT 1997

Hello,
I am having some problems with running kaffe on sunos:
  I built kaffe 0.9.0 on a SunOS 4.1.3 platform, installed it with
the default options ( at /usr/local) ,set the appropriate envs
(LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
KAFFEHOME=/usr/local/share/kaffe
CLASSPATH=.:/usr/local/share/kaffe/classes.zip)
then went to the test directory. When I ran
gmake test, nothing worked. Messages are :

-When ran on the originally compiled sunos 4.1.3 platform
>Failed to locate native library in path:
>       /usr/local/lib
>Aborting.
>Library load failed: ld.so: conflicting usage of dlopen'ed dependents
- on a sunos 4.1.1 or 4.1.3_U1 platform
>Cannot find essential class 'java/lang/Object' in class library ... >aborting.

I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanos Siaperas   siaper at ced.tuc.gr