bandwidth

Matt Birkholz birkholz at a.crl.com
Mon Nov 17 04:30:15 PST 1997

> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 16:02:48 -0500
> From: wozmak at tiac.net (David Wozmak)
>
> Please, folks...
>
> refrain from lambasting the hosts or complaining about this listserv
> "on-list"...yes, we know you're very knowledgeable about this stuff, but
> the appropriate way to respond is to the list owner, not the list.

Please refrain from complaining about the listserv on the list, ESPECIALLY
if it is forwarding mail addressed to the list owner to the entire list.

When I consulted the welcome message I received when I subscribed, I found
only the kaffe-request address.  Sending to "the list owner" at
kaffe-request at kaffe.org got me an automated help message suggesting I use
kaffe-approval at kaffe.org to reach a human.  Sending to
this ill-considered flame from the list.

So, I guess this is yet another "complaint" about the listserv (or whomever
was sorting through kaffe-approval).

I am trying owner-kaffe at kaffe.org this time, but perhaps I should apologize
in advance to any number of whiners for any number of surprising things
that might happen as a result.

	To the list (may you never see this):  For wasting the
	last 15 seconds of your life, I most humbly apologize NOT.

> I'm not alone in hoping this list carries traffic concerning kaffe and
> other java implementations, not gripes about how the list is "broken".

But you ARE alone with the guy showing off his fat pipe in complaining
about the list "on-list" while making NO effort to be helpful

Actually, the other guy was complaining about the ftp service, not the
listserv, and was at least helpful enough to describe the apparent
throughput of the server.  Maybe you should just lecture yourself, at
length, but in private this time please.

Matt Birkholz <birkholz at alum.mit.edu>  Send mail for PGP 2.6.2 public key.
Key Fingerprint = B3 34 FB 3E 3C FE E8 57  AA B4 B2 95 A7 C0 1E AF