Working version of kaffe for BSDI 3.0?

Bryan Felix felix at rapidaxcess.com
Sun Oct 5 11:53:36 PDT 1997

>Hi folks! I'm trying to build kaffe v0.9.1 on a x86 machine running
>BSDI 3.0, but it won't build. After having changed the "global" to "globl"
>in the config/i386/trampolines.c file, I get the following linking error:

>Thanks,
>
>/Henrik

        I have done my best to get any version running on BSDI 3.0 and on
BSDI 2.1 and finally cut it off. Only so much time to spare on one project.
I decided this project is just to buggy and am waiting patiently for a
stable developement to be released.
        I did manage to get version 0.9.0 to the point that it would at
least just hang after I went through typing in the CLASSPATH by hand with
each execution. I was in touch with another user on this list that has
gotten an even older version to run on BSDI though he has to add the
CLASSPATH on to every execution as well.
        Sorry I can't be of much more help, but thought I would add my
experience for what it's worth.

With Regret,
Bryan Felix

        $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$               ---Rapid Axcess---
          $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$    ...Premium Web Design & Domain Hosting...
           $$$      $$$$$   __________) felix at rapidaxcess.com  (__
          $$$     $$$$$    (_______      Voice: 602-952-8275  ______)
      $$$     $$$$      $$ $$       PO Box 61413
    $$$        $$$$$   $$___$$      Phoenix, AZ 85082-1413
 $$$$$$        $$$$$$$$$     $$ ____http://www.rapidaxcess.com_____________