JavaLobby and JavaOS

James A. Hillyerd james at blarg.net
Fri Oct 10 16:34:46 PDT 1997

There is some interest on the JavaLobby to write a JavaOS.  This would
probably be based on the Mach microkernel, and perhaps some pieces of GNU
Hurd.  The thought was that Kaffe would be embedded into this.  The
working name seems to be 'Oz': as in the land where anything can happen.

We could really use some C hackers, and some Kernel hackers.  Please join
in the discussion, and you should also consider joining the Java Lobby,
it's free!

http://www.javalobby.com/

Sorry if this irritates anyone.  Nobody asked me to post this here, so
direct all flames to me. =)

-james

[  James A. Hillyerd (JH2162) - james at blarg.net - Web Developer  ]
[  http://www.blarg.net/~james/   http://www.hyperglyphics.com/  ]
[ 1024/B11C3751 CA 1C B3 A9 07 2F 57 C9  91 F4 73 F2 19 A4 C5 88 ]