kaffe 0.9.* on IRIX 5.2: threads.s

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Mon Oct 20 15:10:10 PDT 1997

Hi there!

I've been discussing with Ian Lance Taylor, GNU binutils development
team leader, why I couldn't build kaffe 0.9.[012] on IRIX 5.2 if
threads.s is compiled with GNU as.  Compiling it with IRIX's built-in
as would do fine.

We couldn't decide whose fault it was exactly, but it is possible that
it is a bug in IRIX's ld, since the same object file, produced by GNU
as 2.8.1, is accepted by IRIX 5.3's ld.

Anyway, Ian has suggested the attached patch for threads.s.  It does
not affect the outcome at all, but it provides more accurate
information about the assembly code.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Oliva