Kaffe bug on PC

Michael Gesundheit mikeg at rocketmail.com
Mon Oct 20 19:33:13 PDT 1997

Hi There,

I was able to build kaffe under VC++ 5.0. It does not
work yet but looks promissing. I have the following
problem:

In initialization time while executing initialization
of system class the vm gets into nested calls to
itself situation. In file kaffe.def:

define_insn(INVOKESTATIC)
{

#if defined(TRANSLATOR) && defined(HAVE_TRAMPOLINE))

call_indirect_const(&METHOD_NATIVECODE(method_method());
#else
   call(tmp);
#endif

}

In my configuration the call(tmp) is what compiled
and, if you look at this macro it is, basicly, calling
virtualMachine() which again gets back to INVOKESTATIC
case and like that - forever until the program runs
out of stack.

Any clue????

Thanks,

--Michael