Kaffe Capable Browser?

Bertrand.Guiheneuf at inria.fr Bertrand.Guiheneuf at inria.fr
Mon Sep 1 23:19:35 PDT 1997

Hi,

\\ I'm sorry, but I don't remember the gentleman's name, but he is working
\\ on the Amaya suite, and it depends on whether he can fold kaffe into
\\ the win32 stuff, I don't know the status of the Linux stuff...
\\ He works with/for W3C I believe. Is trying to find out if anyone's got
\\ kaffe working reliable with gnuwin32...
\\ Hope this response isn't too off topic.
\\ Bart,
\\ Comments my own...
\\
\\ Roy Murphy wrote:
\\ >
\\ > I picked up Kaffe 0.9.1 & compiled for Linux. I'm impressed. The
\\ > performance on the SYmantec benchmark was about 3x better with Kaffe
\\ > than with java from the Linux port of the Sun JDK.
\\ >
\\ > I take it there are no web browsers which will use/can be configured to
\\ > use Kaffe as the JVM for Java Applets.
\\ >
\\ > --
\\ > Roy Murphy      \"He is not the best carpenter who makes the most chips"
\\ > murphy at panix.com \ - High School Detention Proverb
\\

I Hope the following answers your question.

Cheers.

	Bertrand