Kaffe Capable Browser?

Gilles Dauphin dauphin at sig.enst.fr
Mon Sep 8 02:07:15 PDT 1997

> From apax at swix.ch Tue Sep  2 12:32:21 1997
>
> On  1 Sep, Roy Murphy wrote:
> > I picked up Kaffe 0.9.1 & compiled for Linux. I'm impressed. The
> > performance on the SYmantec benchmark was about 3x better with Kaffe
> > than with java from the Linux port of the Sun JDK.
> >
> > I take it there are no web browsers which will use/can be configured to
> > use Kaffe as the JVM for Java Applets.
> >
> > --
> > Roy Murphy      \"He is not the best carpenter who makes the most chips"
> > murphy at panix.com \ - High School Detention Proverb
> >

> You can try: http://sig.enst.fr/~dauphin/mMosaic/index.html
>
> It's a derivate of Mosaic 2.7.??, free, and compiles with lesstif.
> It has a beta stage java applet support. You are welcome to improve it,
> I'm sure.

Dear Alex You are right, it is a derivative work from NCSA Mosaic 2.7b4.
We try to integrated Kaffe in the browser.
Olivier Pillon (a student at ENST) wrote a paper about this. Title is:
	How to integrate Kaffe in the mMosaic browser.

This paper is a kind of 'TODO list'. It is available at:
	ftp://sig.enst.fr/pub/multicast/mMosaic/memoire-pillon.ps.gz
It is in French (Sorry).

Best regards,

Gilles