Kaffe and Swing

Tom Gall tom_gall at VNET.IBM.COM
Tue Aug 4 07:24:08 PDT 1998

Hey All,

  I've got Kaffe installed and I kinda want to play with Swing a bit and
maybe perhaps eventually aid in getting swing running on Kaffe. First
and installation question or two tho....

  The Swing 1.0.3 distribution appear they not only want the jar files
into the classpath but JAVA_HOME defined. That env var doesn't really
seem to make sence in the Kaffe world. Is this just to appease some
shell script that makes more sence on WinXX or Solarius?  I suppose the
correct hacker course of action is ignore it until it becomes an issue.
8-)

  In the meantime I'd be interested to hear "war" stories from other
people who are futsing with Swing and Kaffe.

  Thanks!

Hakuna Matata!                           |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
import standard.disclaimer.*; ||||     '---''(_/--' (_/-'
Tom Gall - Java Guy           ____    "Where's the ka-boom? There was
IBM Rochester                \    /\   supposed to be an earth
(w) tom_gall at vnet.ibm.com     \__/_/   shattering ka-boom!"
(h) tgall at uswest.net         ------    -- Marvin Martian

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently.
The ones that change the world!"