Solaris questions

Mike Boilen mgb at cs.brown.edu
Tue Aug 18 15:55:42 PDT 1998

Ahh..  I see.  Well then, here are two short bug fixes for the
Runtime.exec stuff.  I'm sorry they weren't generated using patch, since
I haven't quite figured out how to use it yet (and they are only about 4
lines).  There is still one bug left, which is that the file descriptors
opened to talk to the Process are never closed.  I'll send out a patch
as soon as I figure out where the file descriptors are actually supposed
to be closed.

Mike

This one patches libraries/clib/native/UNIXProcess.c to properly deal
with environment arguments.
change line 80, which reads:
    envi = (jstring)(*env)->GetObjectArrayElement(env, arge, i);
to read
evni=(jstring)(*env)->GetObjectArrayElement(env,evns,i);

And this patch makes exec(String) work correctly:
change libraries/javalib/java/lang/Runtime.java line 50
which reads:
    cmdarray[pos++]=tokenizer.nextToken();
should read