Success with current CVS on MIPS SGI Irix 6.3

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Tue Aug 25 19:59:36 PDT 1998

> I'm doing much better with a rebuilt Kaffe.jar.  Why isn't the CVS one
> being updated with libraries/javalib/**/*.java?

No particular reason.  Tim has a script that rebuilds it every night
from the cvs repos for the snapshot, but it doesn't replace the copy
that's in CVS.  He said he'll add that, which is why I don't check
every new version in.  I guess we should check in every change
or at least check a version in periodically.

>   But got instead:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at java/lang/StringBuffer.getChars(139)
>         at java/lang/StringBuffer.toString(245)
>         at java/lang/Integer.toString(194)
>         at java/lang/Integer.toString(line unknown, pc 3)
>         at GCTest.testObjChain(250)
>         at GCTest.run(126)
>         at java/lang/Thread.run(122)

If that's reproducible, you might have luck with gdb and you can
catch a stack trace.

	- Godmar