Cygwin32/b19 on WINNT 4.0: some problems:
svu at mcr.spb.ru
Wed Aug 5 01:16:00 PDT 1998
Dear Kaffe developers
I tryed to build Kaffe 1.0b1 using subj and have found some problems:
1. configure script does not recognize the configuration. I had to use
"--host=i386-unknown-win32/cygnus" option. Is it right?
2. there is no netinet/tcp.h file in Cygwin32 b19, so I had to exclude
corresponding "#include" directive in libraries/clib/net/PlainSocketImpl.c.
3. There is no libraries/clib/management/libmanagement.def file. I've just
copied the file ../math/libmath.def
4. The main problem - case insensitivity under win32. There exist two files
: include/system.h and libraries/clib/native/System.h, so, files
(and, I suspect, some other files)
cannot be compiled correctly because they contain:
and this directive includes System.h from the current directory. I replaced
it with "../../../include/system.h". Not so good...
5. File config/config-io.h contained strange lines:
Is this right? I have changed it to
but got compilation errors because winsock.h conflicts with sys/socket.h. So
I have just commented these lines. Could you review this?
Unfortunately, I do not have X development envoronment under NT, so I could
not finish building, but I hope my experience can help you. I realize that
Win32 is not important for you but if you are going to support this platform
please could you fix all described above.
Thanks in advance,
Sergey V. Udaltsov
More information about the kaffe