1.1 api compatibility

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Thu Aug 6 12:21:27 PDT 1998

> ParseException.ParseException() *is* public, Thread.resume() and
> Thread.suspend() have *not* been deprecated..

 The ParseException constructor has been fixed Jul 29.

resume() and suspend() have been deprecated in 1.2, and Kaffe no longer
implements them.  Ditto for stop().

In general, Kaffe strives for 1.2 compatibility.  Applications that rely
on now deprecated 1.1 features such as resume() will not run.

If you really, really need stop/suspend/resume, you can resurrect it.
The native methods are still there, to my knowledge.  However,
suspend/resume will only work if a thread suspends itself.
If you need to suspend other threads, you would have to look at an even
older version of Kaffe.

	- Godmar