jdb

Bryan Mann bmann at whistle.com
Wed Aug 12 11:39:17 PDT 1998

So I'm trying to debug a few of the regression tests that are
failing in my environment and would like to use jdb rather than
adding println's to Klasses.jar?  Anyone using jdb, have any
hints for getting it to work?

Bryan.

p.s.  Godmar, I found my problem with core dump abort(), my
CLASSPATH was being set whenever I executed java by a wrapper
in my home dir.  A better message regarding missing classes
would help in debugging CLASSPATH issues.  Something like
"No java/util/..." found on CLASSPATH "{whatever}"

Puns are little "plays on words" that a certain breed of person loves
to spring on you and then look at you in a certain self-satisfied way
to indicate that he thinks that you must think that he is by far the
cleverest person on Earth now that Benjamin Franklin is dead, when in
fact what you are thinking is that if this person ever ends up in a
lifeboat, the other passengers will hurl him overboard by the end of
the first day even if they have plenty of food and water.
		-- Dave Barry, "Why Humor is Funny"
(This signature brought to you courtesy of fortune(6) and cron(8).)