Compiling Kaffe OpenVM 1.0beta1 on OSF1

Daniel Veillard Daniel.Veillard at w3.org
Wed Aug 12 14:13:14 PDT 1998

Quoting BIOLFC at Jetson.UH.EDU (BIOLFC at Jetson.UH.EDU):

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I got your email off the kaffe listserv.
> I am trying to compile Kaffe OpenVM 1.0beta1 on
> DEC/OSF1 V3.2.
> I think the common.h file is not registering
> the names correctly in the sysdepCallMethod(CALL)
> macro.
> Have you successfully compiled a version of
> Kaffe on OSF 3.2 before?
> Can you give me some tips as to how to compile
> Kaffe succesfully  on OSF 3.2?
>
> Thanks much,
> Mick Chang
> Houston, Texas

  Hi Mick,

 I don't remember being especially successfull at that. I remember
that I did play a bit with the assembly code, but not much (and I
didn't had an Alpha to play with for more than one year).
 I know that other are concerned by this issue and forward your request
to the kaffe mailing-list where other will probably be able to answer
in a quite better way,

  yours,

 Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard at w3.org | W3C  MIT/LCS  NE43-344  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +1 617 253 5884  | 545 Technology Square   | Linux, WWW, rpm2html,