Can't seem to get jar running...

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Sun Aug 16 17:01:15 PDT 1998

Thomas Remisoski writes:
> I think I'm running the JIT.  I downloaded and installed the latest
> snapshot before submitting this question.  "java -version" gives me:
>
> Kaffe Virtual Machine
> Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998
> Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  All rights reserved
> Engine: Just-in-time   Version: 1.00   Java Version: 1.1

This brings up a minor nit.. "java -version" says the same thing
no matter which snapshot you use. It would be nice if there was
a file "patchdate.h" created at the same time each daily snapshot
was created, which would include a timestamp. This could then be
reflected in "java -version" and we would have a single consistent
way to refer to snapshots. Then the relevant source could always
be extracted from CVS using that timestamp.

Not a big deal, really, but a nice thing to have sometimes..

-Archie