Patch to allow rebuilding with jikes

peter at transvirtual.com peter at transvirtual.com
Sat Dec 5 10:11:30 PST 1998

On Sat, 05 Dec 1998, Artur Biesiadowski wrote:
>Real problem lies in fact that some methods of event classes are
>protected and accessed from outside of package (and not from
>subclasses). I've change these methods to public.

(1) In the next version, we moved (subclassed) events over to java.awt, i.e.
we don't rely on the "trojan horse" AWTEvent anymore

(2) For the current version - if AWTEvent has a protected dispatch(), and this
is called from inside java.awt (on AWTEvent instances), I can't see why this
should give the compiler a problem.

(3) This doesn't work just with pizza - javac compiles it, too.

-- Peter